FOOTBALL & CHEERLEADING
We Need YOU
Frequently Asked Questions about the
- Q: When are registrations?
Usually at the end of January or middle of February at the Lower Paxton
Township Friendship Center, 5000 Commons Drive, Harrisburg, PA 17112.
Starting in 2010/2011 we have
- Q: What are the leagues and ages?
A: Leagues are grouped by age.
- Legion age 16-19,
- Senior Teener age 16-19
- "A" age 15,
- "B" age 14,
- "C" age 13.:
- Q: What are the age cutoff dates for each
A: This varies by league level
- Legion and Senior Teener, age is based on the year that your son was born.
(Example if your son was born in 1995 then he is considered age 17 for
Legion baseball in 2012.
- "A", "B" and "C" levels
age cutoff date is April 30th.. (Example if your son was born in 1998
between January 1st and April 30th then your son is considered a 14 year
old for the 2012 season. If your son was born in 1998 between May 1st
and December 31st then your son is considered a 13 year old in 2012.
- "A", "B" and "C" Paxton uses the Little League
cut-off date of April 30, 2012 to determine a child's League age. Click
to refer to the
Little League Age Chart. (The age chart is a
PDF file, which requires the free Adobe Acrobat Reader. If your
computer does not have the Reader, click on the link at the bottom of
- Q: How long does the season run?
A: This is deterrmined by league level.
- Legion season starts after the High School season has
completed. Legion tryouts are usually the 2nd and 3rd Sundays in April.
The season runs through July.
- Senior Teener and "A" seasons start after the High
School season has completed. Senior Teener tryouts are usually the 2nd
and 3rd Sundays in April. "A", tryouts are usually the 3rd and 4th
Saturdays in March. The season runs through July.
- "B" and "C" seasons start in April with tryouts
usually the 3rd and 4th Saturdays in March. The season runs
- Playoffs or All Stars
usually begin the 3rd week in July and will continue into August if your
son's team continues to win.
- Q: What size bat should I buy?
A: This is determined by league level
- Legion, Senior Teener, "A", "B" must all
use BBCOR certified minus 3 (-3) bats.
- Players at the "C" level can use any bat. (Example their
Little League bat)
- NOTE -- Bat change for 2013 season --
- Q: What about Metal Spikes?
A: Metal spikes are not allowed at the "B" and "C"
Click image to get FREE Acrobat Reader to open and print PDF files.