FOOTBALL & CHEERLEADING
We Need YOU
Parent's Code of Conduct
I hereby pledge to provide positive support,
care, and encouragement for my child participating in youth sports by agreeing
to follow this Parent's Code of Conduct:
- I will be a positive role model for my
child and encourage sportsmanship by showing respect and courtesy to all
officials, coaches and spectators at every game, practice or PAA event and
by demonstrating positive support for all the players.
- I will not engage in any kind of
unsportsmanlike conduct with any official, coach, player, or parent, such as
booing, taunting, refusing to shake hands or using profane language or
- I will not encourage any behavior or
practices that would endanger the health and well being of the athletes.
- I will demand that my child treat other
officials, coaches, players, and spectators with respect, regardless of
ability, race, religion, creed, gender, age or any other status.
- I will teach my child that doing one's best
is more important than winning, so that my child will never feel defeated by
the outcome of the game or his or her performance.
- I will praise my child for competing fairly
and trying hard and will make my child feel like a winner every time.
- I will never ridicule or yell at my child or
other participants or coaches for making a mistake or losing a competition
- I will respect the officials and their
authority during games and will never question, discuss, or confront them at
the game field. Instead I will make time to speak with the coaches at an
agreed upon time and place after the game to discuss such matters.
- I will demand a sports environment for my
child that is free from drugs, tobacco, and alcohol, and I will refrain from
their use at all sporting events.
- I will refrain from coaching my child or
other players during the games and practices, unless I am one of the
official coaches of the team.
- Parents as well as children will maintain a
positive attitude towards one another, coaching staff, referees and
opponents. At no time will negativity be permitted.
- I understand that failure to abide by this
Code of Conduct could result in expulsion from the premises and any further
Paxton Athletic Association function.